Monday, October 18, 2010

Workbench Update: Ernst Goes Downstairs

Picking up where I left off in the last post, I painted the corresponding cellar floor interior for the building's main floor. I'm assuming that Ernst spent a turn shooting out the window and then used a charge move to cross the room and move down the stairs to the cellar below.


Ernst moves up to the door and rolls a 5 on the Door table. Assuming there are no modifiers, the door is unlocked so he used a free action to open the door and then continues his movement.


Ernst has enough movement to reach the bookcase where one of the scenario objectives are hidden (as would have been decided before the game began). He decides to use a special action to search for the objective but, since his MIND attribute is only 2, he uses two FATE points to increase his chances of finding the objective (and to make sure that trip down here was worth it).


As it turns out, he rolls three successes and, since finding the objective has a TN of 2, he is successful. With the objective (perhaps a dusty manuscript, cryptic map, or a stash of silver bullets) safely stowed away in his pouch, he is ready to make his way back upstairs to rejoin his fellow hunters outside.

I've just returned from a weekend out of town so I am ready and eager to get back at my interiors. I've pondered the house rules for playing inside that I laid out a couple of posts ago and I've decided that although I'll keep the limited 3" charge range I'll forget the -1" MOVE penalty. There are enough obstacles inside buildings (primarily doors) so I don't think it will be necessary to reduce movement further.

Thanks for reading,
JET

1 comment:

Christopher(aka Axebreaker) said...

For myself I prefer a more modelled up layout and will do so,but I understand your desire for simplicity and portability and in this light it looks as if you've got the right formula for yourself.Really enjoying following your stories and ideas.

Cheers,
Christopher